May 21, 2021
Hyzon Motors, a supplier of hydrogen fuel cell-powered heavy vehicles, announces its execution of the Covenant on Hydrogen Mobility in Utrecht (the “Covenant”).
The initiative brings together partners at the forefront of the transition to hydrogen with the goal of stimulating production of green hydrogen and developing regional hydrogen fueling infrastructure. This clean fuel will power commercial vehicles including trucks and buses on the streets of Utrecht using hydrogen fuel cells.
By signing the Covenant, the parties affirm their contribution to the realization of the following, either directly or indirectly:
- Construction of five to ten hydrogen filling stations
- Operationalizing 300 trucks and other heavy vehicles powered by hydrogen
- Placing 1,500 lighter vehicles (such as passenger cars and delivery vans) that run on hydrogen into service
- Operationalizing one to two hydrogen-powered water vessels
- Operationalizing two to five hydrogen-powered coach buses.
Craig Knight, CEO and Co-Founder of Hyzon, said:
“The Utrecht 1,800 vehicle pledge connects and aligns partners along every step of the value chain: local governments, green hydrogen producers, distributors, FCEV OEMs, and customers. Hydrogen will play a significant role in decarbonizing transport if we focus on building out the ecosystem through collaborations such as this and the Hyzon Zero Carbon Alliance, we can reach our zero emissions goals much more swiftly.”